So, looks like it’s about time for another chatty catch-up post. I can hardly believe we’re almost half way through March already, it really doesn’t seem very long since I was lounging around eating leftover roast beef sandwiches after Christmas.
In one way it seems like life has been really boring lately, but in another way it feels like I’ve been really busy and doing lots of exciting things. I guess that’s what being an adult is all about, eh?
- I’m off to Berlin in just over two weeks, and I can’t wait! It’s been almost two years since my last holiday abroad, so I’m looking forward to taking a proper break. I spotted some cheap flights in the January EasyJet sale so decided to book a trip to Berlin for Owen’s birthday present. I’ve booked the Amano Grand Central Hotel which looks niiiiiiice, but otherwise we haven’t planned much yet – any recommendations of things to do or restaurants and bars to visit? Let me know if you have any must-visits, or send me links to your Berlin blog post guides please!
- I had got a bit lazy with blogging last year, but since I set myself the challenge of posting twice a week as part of my Goals for 2017 I’ve been totally on it. I mean, I still don’t have a proper schedule or specific days for posting, but I’m really enjoying blogging again and am much more organised than I used to be. I’ve also had quite a few lovely opportunities and collaborations through my blog recently, so it’s nice to see that my work is paying off and other people are enjoying what I’m writing too.
- When you work from home, hate the gym and don’t play any sports, that doesn’t leave much room for fresh air or exercise. I really enjoy walking, so I’ve been trying to force myself to leave the house at lunch time or finish work an hour early and go for a long walk. I stick on a podcast (usually one of my favourite true crime podcasts), head outside and I’ll have done 10,000 steps before I know it. I’ve been a little bit lazy this week, but I’m determined to keep this habit up – even if it’s just 3 or 4 times a week.
- I actually don’t mind winter, but the in-between seasons of spring and autumn are definitely my favourite. It’s so nice that it’s still light at 6pm, and of course I’m very much enjoying all the tulips in the shops. The only downside is that I need to start wearing spring clothes now and I have nooottthinnggg. Seriously, I’ve been searching for a nice beige mac for over 6 months and I haven’t found a single one I like. You’d think finding a classic jacket like that would be easy, but NOPE.
- It’s been just over a year since I started full-time freelancing, and I can hardly believe it’s been that long already. I still often feel like I don’t really know what I’m doing, but I’ve been chatting to a few people recently who’ve told me what I’m doing is great and it’s given me a bit more confidence in myself. Isn’t it weird that you don’t really believe things about yourself until someone else tells you? Anyway, I’m pretty happy with the life/work balance I’ve got going at the moment and have a really nice bunch of clients – although I’m always on the lookout for interesting projects to get involved in, so you know, feel free to get in touch!
What have you been up to lately?