Some of my favourite blog posts to read are the casual, anecdotal ones about ordinary people’s lives. Snippets of their day. Their favourite things from the week before. Where they’ve been at the weekend.
My Sunday Summary posts used to be my favourite to write but, over the years, my weeks got less exciting and my weekends got busier and eventually I gave up on them altogether.
I thought it was high time for a reincarnation of the Sunday Summary. A more grown-up version. A more flexible version. It won’t be every week and it won’t be a straightforward run-down of my week, but it will give me a chance to share a less “edited” version of my life.
This and That will feature the high and low points of life lately. Things I’ve been enjoying, new experiences and adventures, stressful things, things I want to improve and the highlights of the past few weeks.
So, let’s get started, shall we?
- A couple of months ago, Allegra Magazine got in touch as they were planning a travel feature about Edinburgh and wanted Every Edinburgh (aka me and Laura) to be the insider city experts. Say whaaaat. Earlier this week the finished magazine finally arrived and it was totally surreal (but totally amazing) to see myself in print. Every Edinburgh has been a fun little side project for us both, so it’s lovely to see it taking off – and after a quiet spell over on the blog, I’m feeling motivated to write lots more content over there.
- There’s nothing I love more than long, lazy weekends. The past couple of weekends have been more or less plan-free, so I’ve been able to sleep in late, stay snuggled in bed for most of the day, and spend all evening watching X Factor and scary movies.
- I always go through phases with menu planning, and this week I was totally on it. There’s been plenty of comfort food for the cold, dark evenings including big batches of venison stew and spaghetti bolognese, some mac and cheese and my current favourite harissa chicken with couscous and sweet potatoes.
- I’ve recently finished up with a couple of freelance client projects and, rather than jumping straight into a new project, I’ve decided to spend a little bit more time on my blog instead. For me, blogging has always been (and probably always will be) a hobby that gets squeezed in whenever I have time, so it’s nice to now have some dedicated time I can spend writing posts and improving my blog. You probably won’t see any massive changes, but I’m going to challenge myself to post at least 2-3 times per week from now on.
Painting My Nails
- I’ve never really been into doing my nails (probably thanks to my previous nail-biting habit) but lately I’ve been keeping them manicured all the time. The Bourjois Instant Dry Nail Drops are a life saver when it comes to decreasing the possibility of smudges, and the Rimmel Super Gel Topcoat really helps to prevent chipping – not quite as good as shellac, but almost! I’ve been switching between deep, vampy burgundy and dusky pink with gold glitter – check out a few snaps on my Instagram.
- I know it’s still November, but I’m feeling rather festive already and I don’t careeeee. I think I actually like the lead up to Christmas more than Christmas itself, and I’m very much looking forward to going to the Christmas markets, shopping for presents, planning festive get-togethers with pals and having a “pretend Christmas” with Owen before I head home for the holidays.
What have you been up to lately?