So, it’s my birthday in three weeks and I’ll be 25. Twenty five. I am not prepared for this. I feel like by the time you get to this age, you’re supposed to kind of have your life together or at least kind of know how you want to get your life together. I, however, am completely failing at being a proper adult and I have no idea what I’m doing with my life. LOL. Anyway, motivational “25 Before 25” type lists are really not my thing (you know, the type that are like “go backpacking in Thailand” and “learn to abseil” and “buy a house”, no thanks) so here’s a slightly more realistic version…
1. Start doing laundry regularly because you just should do it regularly (not because you have run out of clean pants).
2. Save money to go on nice holidays and eat nice food and do nice things.
3. Throw out the pair of Primark shoes which have been loitering around under your bed since you were 18.
4. Clean out the fridge (it smells weird).
5. Plan a camping adventure in the Highlands.
6. Find out what skin type you actually have so you don’t need to apply all the products.
7. Switch the heating on. No, it’s not unnecessary. Yes, you can afford it.
8. Buy yourself a birthday present or a bunch of flowers or something.
9. Start telling people how you feel and stop being such an ice queen.
10. Just kidding, never change, you’re the best. *snowflakes*
11. Stop buying so many notebooks which you never write in because they’re “too nice”.
12. Don’t order a takeaway for at least, oh I don’t know, four days?
13. Back up your computer, like you’ve been meaning to do for the last two and a half years.
14. Finish the book you started a few weeks ago and then forgot about.
15. Catch up with friends you haven’t seen in a while.
16. Watch Say Anything (again) because 15 year old you had great taste in 80s teen films.
17. Look into taking driving lessons, work out how much it would cost and how much effort it would require, then don’t think of it again for at least another year.
18. Buy tickets for a gig you really want to go to.
19. Cut your fringe. Maybe the rest of your hair too.
20. Actually read some of the many recipe books you have collected and cook something new.
21. Delete some people from Facebook. You know, people you met once at a party 7 years ago and idiots from school you didn’t even talk to at the time.
22. Think about getting a puppy, before realising you are still way too selfish and lazy for such a commitment.
23. Wear some heels and a pretty dress to remind yourself you don’t look like a swamp creature all the time.
24. Make peace with the fact that you now have to enter in the Overs category on X Factor.
25. Persuade someone to take you out for a fancy birthday dinner.
So, I wonder how many of these I’ll actually get round to doing within the next three weeks? Probably very few. Oh well, there’s always next year.