Is there anything better than baking that doesn’t actually require any baking? Mars Bar biscuits are so easy to make (and also so easy to devour in one sitting if you’re not careful). My grandma always used to make these when I was little, and in fact she always seems to still have some stored away in the cupboard whenever I’m visiting. They only take about 10 minutes to make, have hardly any ingredients and taste amazing. What more could you want?
You Will Need:
3 Mars Bars
75g Rice Krispies
200g milk chocolate
1. Roughly chop the Mars Bars and add to a pan along with the butter. Melt over a medium heat until completely smooth.
2. Once melted, remove the pan from the heat and add in the Rice Krispies. Stir well to coat everything evenly.
3. Line a shallow baking tray or flat dish with greaseproof paper and pour in the mixture. Flatten it out with the back of a spoon so it’s densely packed and an even thickness.
4. Melt the chocolate (either over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave) and pour over the top of the mixture, covering the whole lot evenly.
5. Leave in a cool place to set for at least an hour, then cut up and enjoy!
This recipe makes around 20-24 squares (depending on what size you cut them) and will keep in a airtight container for a couple of weeks, if you manage to resist eating them for that long! The perfect “no-bake bake”, you really can’t get it wrong.
What’s your favourite no-bake bake?