Mixtape: January

January mixtape // via Spotify

Can you quite believe it’s the end of January already? Christmas seems like an age ago and everything festive has been ditched in favour of something a little more melancholy. This month I have mostly been rediscovering old favourites – every time I try to look for some new music I always seem to end up at an album I already have. I guess I just know what I like, eh? There’s a few new(ish) tunes on the list too though, so my quest for new music hasn’t been a complete failure. What bands/singers have you been listening to lately?

Maximo Park // Hips and Lips
The Black Keys // Lonely Boy
Willy Mason // I Got Gold
Jack White // Love is Blindness
Lana Del Rey // Lucky Ones
Love and Rockets // So Alive
Regina Spektor // Fidelity
The Rolling Stones // You Can’t Always Get What You Want
Dry the River // History Book
The Get Up Kids // Out of Reach
Listen to “January” here.

• Beth says:

Ahh I love Regina Spekor, Willy Mason & Dry the River! Lately i've been listening to a lot of Gabrielle Aplin, The Lumineers & The Gaslight Anthem.

I posted my January playlist the other day 🙂 – Sans Souci

• Lj Baker says:

I love this list – you have great taste in music!
    Lj x

• I've been pretty much returning to my old favourite too – or music that sounds very much like my myspace days! Though there's a few bands in there that I don't recognise so will give it all a wee listen.

• laurenmaria says:

I love fidelity! I constantly have it in my iPhone. I first heard it in greys anatomy and took a good hour in google to find out what it was lol!

Lauren

• Regina Spektor and Lana Del Ray do ti for me every time!!!

I love Maximo Park and I think The National Health is my fave album at the moment, so so good and feels really urgent x

• Kate says:

Aw loving this playlist! I've been listening to a lot of past favourites recently, such as Ratatat, Interpol and Arcade Fire. But also some newer things like The Lumineers and Of Monsters And Men.

• Katie says:

GREAT playlist- I love the Stones song, the Lana Del Rey song and the Regina Spektor song! Oh and ALWAYS The Black Keys! Followed!
    Katie xx