I didn’t intend to leave quite so long between the first installment and this post, but I seem to have been rather busy this month and trawling through the horrors of over a thousand Facebook photos of myself got pushed to the bottom of the to-do list. But anyway, here it is: my hair history from 2008 until now. It seems, though, that I’ve had pretty much the exact same hairstyle for the last 4 years, just at varying lengths. Oh, and I’ve also taken a leaf out of Lynne’s book as I couldn’t be bothered asking all my friends if they would mind appearing on my blog, so instead I have replaced their faces with the faces of minor celebrities (it seemed like a hilarious idea in my head?). Bonus points to anyone who can name them all!
1. This was my 18th birthday so it was a couple of months after I had started university, and maybe 5 or 6 months after the last photo from Part 1. The pob had grown out a bit, I quite liked it at this length.
2. The front part was starting to get pretty long though, and seemed to grow a lot faster than the back.
3. Decided to cut it into a proper bob so it was the same length all over.
4. WHAT is going on with my fringe here? Also my face. But mostly my fringe. Why is there a tiny short bit at one side? Why is it so gappy? So many unanswered questions.
5. Hair is still in a single length bob, fringe is still looking weird. I think I was maybe trying to go for an asymmetrical kind of thing. It clearly wasn’t working though. I think this is also me attempting to smile. HA. I’m definitely not a smiler, as you will probably be able to tell from all the ridiculous pouting going on in this post.
6. We’ve now reached summer 2009 and my hair’s still pretty short, but I’ve cut some layers into it so it’s a bit messier. I actually really liked it this style/length, quite tempted to get all my hair cut off now. Somebody stop me.
7. Oh look, the bunches are back. Nah just kidding. This was obviously ‘school disco’ fancy dress, and I was attempting to recreate the hairstyle of my 14 year old self. Think I did quite well in that respect.
8. Hair is definitely in the shoulder-length category now. All signs of the mutant tiny fringe have gone.
9. Ah, this was a good and extremely drunk night out for one of my friend’s birthdays. Woke up the next morning with my hair full of cheese and the underwire missing from one side of my bra. Isn’t life mysterious? Hair was looking relatively decent, though, apart from the Dreaded Fringe Gap which always appeared on nights out.
10. Grew a moustache for a bit.
11. Fringe was looking pretty weird at this point. I always insisted on parting it slightly to the side, even though my natural parting is pretty much straight down the middle. As a result, my fringe looks like it’s not really part of the rest of my hair. WERID.
12. This was November 2010 and my hair is getting towards what I would consider “long”. This photo was taken a few hours before I ended up the drunkest I have ever been in my entire life – notice the extremely full glasses of free wine. My flatmate and I were absolutely steaming, so much so that complete strangers were offering us their seats and bringing us glasses of water from the bar (or so I’m told, have no memory of anything). We then decided to go home but instead of getting a taxi home we literally crawled through the Meadows in about 2 feet of snow. Both extremely safe and incredibly classy, always my motto in life. HAHAHA.
13. It’s now almost a year later and I am now older but quite clearly not any wiser – that is what I can only assume is a pint of vodka in front of me. Hair is starting to get really long, and I cut in a few shorter layers to break it up a bit. Oh, and what’s that you say? You’ve always wanted to see a picture of me and Big Brother 6 winner Anthony Hutton? WELL NOW YOU CAN. I was on a night out and he was randomly in the club having what I imagine was a nice evening out with a group of his friends. So of course I did the extremely embarrassing thing of going up and asking him for a photo. Hilarity.
14. You’ll probably notice that my hair has been straight in every single one of these photos, because I am completely useless at curling my hair. Bought a curling wand and the results were fairly rubbish. Fringe is also pretty grown out by now.
15. A haaaaa. Curled hair that actually looks good. All thanks to the Enrapture Encode Totem Styler. Everyone needs one of these. If I can curl my hair with them, anyone can. Wore my hair like this most of the time for the last few months which made a nice change from straight hair.
16. And now we have reached present day. Got a bit sick of my rubbish, sort of grown out fringe and got a straight across one cut in. Hair is ridiculously long now. It’s pretty much the first thing people say to me if they haven’t seen me in a while, “oh my god your hair is amazing, it’s soooo long now”. Thanks, I grew it myself.
Phew! Hope you enjoyed that whirlwind tour through my adventures in exciting hairstyles (or lack thereof). If you’ve done a similar post them please do leave a comment as I’d love to read them!