Outfit: Paradise

paradise 3
paradise 1
paradise 2

Blouse: Miss Selfridge
Skirt: River Island
Shoes: New Look

I originally bought this skirt a few months ago to wear to a friend’s birthday night out and have ended up wearing it loads since. I usually prefer dresses to skirts, but had spend all day looking for a dress and found nothing so settled on this skirt from River Island. I thought it might turn into one of those pieces of clothing I buy for a specific purpose and then end up shoving to the back of my wardrobe and never wearing again, but I quite often reach for it when getting ready for a night out.

I really love the print of this skirt, it immediately made me think of t-shirts and sarongs my granny used to bring back from holidays in the Seychelles. I love how it’s a tropical print but with bold colours and a dark background. Although it’s really bright and colourful, it looks good with a mainly black outfit – which keeps it firmly in my comfort zone! I usually wear it with this sheer pussybow blouse from Miss Selfridge, which is easy to throw over bodycon skirts without too much effort.

Evidently I forgot to take a picture of my shoes with this outfit. I had a look on my computer to see if I had any saved from an old outfit post, but turns out they’ve never appeared on the blog before despite being my current favourite heels! Even though I have a larger collection of heels than I’d like to admit, more often than not I’ll reach for the same black pair (which have to periodically get replaced because I wear them too much!). Usually they’re from New Look, as I find their heels are the comfiest and easiest to walk in. The only thing I don’t like about this pair is that they’re peep toe and I almost always wear tights – a bit of a fashion faux pas but never mind!

Do you have a favourite pair of heels?

• EilidhPie says:

That's a lovely skirt – I was looking for a skirt to wear on Saturday but I couldn't see any :/ xo

• Love this outfit, the skirt looks amazing with all the other black pieces they really make it stand out!
    My favourite heels are my Asos Swatch Lace Up Block Heel Shoe they're comfortable and look good with almost everything!
    What foundation are you using here hun? It looks so fresh and flawless xx

• gillian says:

It's Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, my favourite foundation! x

• Jaz xo says:

Love the pop of colour in the skirt! xo

• Charlotte says:

such a great print!

– ordaining serendipity

• the skirt definitely has a gorgeous print. I'm also crushing on your hair, it looks so shiny! x

• Such a lovely skirt – great print. My fav pair of heels are from New Look too – big black, strappy wedges, so comfy and perfect for dancing in. I always wear peeptoe shoes with black tights…think it looks quite nice, but never with tan ones! 🙂
    Lianne x
    rubyrubyslipper.blogspot.com

• Marta says:

You look gorgeous!! I love this skirt so much, but I would be afraid to wear it. I'm just to obsessed with my big thighs (& butt) so I never have bright colors on my lower part of the body. :)x

• annikaherz says:

lovely outfit 🙂

xo

• Michelle says:

I much prefer seperates to dresses recently, they're so versatile! (: the print on this one is incredible! xx

Love the print on your skirt! New Look is one of the first places I go when looking for shoes, I know what you mean about peep toes and tights.. I once saw a lady on the tube with tights that cut off before the toe so they looked fine with peep toes, should have asked her where she got them!

Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

• Loving that skirt! Really pretty! ^_^

• Aimee says:

Gah, I'm so envious of your figure & your eyebrows! Haha. Love the skirt!

• Your so pretty and I have major hair envy 🙂 love the print on this skirt, you looks great 🙂

Jo. x

• Summer says:

You look amazing! I love that skirt, I've been looking for a nice floral print one for ages. x

• Hola Bambi says: