Sunday Summary #23

moon
23ss3
23ss2
23ss1

1.Misty moon 2.Home-made Thai noodle salad 3.Powercut in the pub 4.This place is too cold for hell 5.Fake Percy Pigs 6.Glamorous shorts – outfit post next week! 7.Chinese food

You may notice something a bit different about the blog today? I started working on a new blog design ages ago but finally got some time to finish the illustration and code the layout this week, and spent yesterday afternoon putting it up and doing a few final tweaks. What do you think of the new look? I’ve added some new pages too, like About and FAQ, so if there’s anything you’d like to know or any questions you’d like answered, please get in touch! I also created a Facebook page for the blog, which you can find here. I will love you forever if you could give it a like!

I went shopping for new clothes earlier in the week, which I haven’t done for months. I do love buying new clothes but I hate actually going shopping, anyone else?! Especially if it’s busy and there are people everywhere and lots of queues. Yuck. I always start off really keen but half way through I get really bored and just want to sit down for a bit haha. On the way home, I met my flatmate at the Red Squirrel for a few drinks and some food which perked me up though. There was a powercut in the pub while we were there, had to eat our burgers by candlelight! The food was really nice though, would definitely recommend it if you’re in Edinburgh! I got a few nice summery things while I was shopping but, typically, the sunny weather has disappeared and it’s been pretty grey and horrible all week. Fingers crossed the sunny weather comes back soon so I can ditch the tights and jumpers again!

The rest of this week has mostly been spent trying (and failing) to sort out my life for after graduation and having duvet days at home with Netflix or a good book. I’m really enjoying having time to read novels again, which I can never really be bothered to do during term time. I started a Goodreads account here which will hopefully motivate me to finish books I’ve started and find new books to read. Let me know if you have an account too and we can be pals!

I’m going home to visit my parents tomorrow for a week or two which will be nice, looking forward to getting my meals cooked for me and such! I’m taking my grad ball dress with me so my mum can do few alterations to it. I’m way too useless with a needle and thread to attempt it myself!

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend, anyone got anything nice planned?

• Alyse says:

Horatio Hog is hilarious! Strangest gum I've seen.

I love new clothes, too, but I hate stores with huge crowds. On the flip side, I don't like stores with no one in them either. Then the store associates watch and repeatedly approach you.

It's been grey and stormy here, too! x

• Shabna says:

Love your new layout, it's so nice! Oooo I'm going to check out goodreads! x

• Rachel P says:

For a second I wondered if I was on the right blog….great new layout! Your food always looks so nice 🙂 xx

• Cherry says:

I definitely need to join Goodreads!

• Jaz xo says:

Beautiful photos again! Love the shorts xo

• Your new blog layout is amazing! I love the illustration and your buttons are lovely. You clever thing! Wish I was talented enough to fix mine, I'd love a new design. Lovely snaps too, love the first one especially. X

• CLARE MARIE says:

The new layout looks amazing! It confused me for a minute, but I really love the illustrations, they're so good! x

The layout is amazing, looks so good! I've just eaten cake all weekend, the weather is grim in Wales x

• Laura. says:

I love this layout. I love this BLOG! Following.

whatlauradid.com
    Laura xo.

• Jess says:

i adore your blog layout, it looks fab!
    the top photo looks gorgeous, hope you've had a wonderful week! love the denim shorts too 🙂 xo

• I love these patriotic shorts. I need to get in contact with Emily!
    😉

Kate x
    (I work with Emily)

• FAIIINT says:

Love the new layout! Totally with you on the shopping thing too, I hate super busy places & those people that walk soo slowly! I do almost all of mine online now, so much easier! Love that first image too, so dramatic!

• Marta says:

Wowww your new layout looks amazing! And those shorts are great :)xx

• lovelovelove your new layout! xx

• lucia m says:

wow!! great shorts!!

• jimmi lou says:

Lovely photo's, those Glamorous shorts are awesome!

• Morag Lee says:

I actually LOVE this layout – it's different from a lot of blog layouts, easy to read and I can find what I'm looking for. (I'm a fusspot when it comes to how people arrange their sidebars!). My new layout is coming along very very very slowly – the footer was given me a headache until five minutes ago – totally feeling smug at my HTMl ninja skills right now!

Morag x