Outfit: Mint Kimono

glamorous floral kimono 1
glamorous floral kimono 4
glamorous floral kimono 5

Kimono: Glamorous*
Maxi Dress: H&M
Sandals: Primark

For ages, I had been admiring the pastels trend from afar but hadn’t been brave enough to try it out yet. So when Glamorous contacted me asking if I’d like to review some of their clothing range I decided to go for something a little bit out of my comfort zone. Admittedly, I’m still wearing a lot of black so this outfit is very “me”, but I’m loving the light pastel kimono to add a bit of summery-ness to an otherwise pretty plain outfit.

I wore this outfit at the weekend to lounge about outside in the sunshine and it was perfect for the warm weather. I hate going out without some kind of cardigan or jacket, even in the summer, so this kimono is great to chuck on top of a plain dress to instantly make it look you’ve put some effort into getting dressed! It’s a lovely light, floaty material so is nice and cool in the hot weather (which sadly seems to have disappeared today – boo!). I really love the print on the kimono, it’s a really pretty oriental floral design in mint and peach.

Because this maxi dress is quite floaty I’ve tied the kimono at the waist to give it a bit more shape. It would also look lovely untied on top of a bodycon dress or a tshirt and pair of bright trousers, I can’t wait to experiment with some more adventurous outfits and try to step away from the black clothes this summer!

At the moment, Glamorous are offering free worldwide delivery, plus you can get 20% off using the code GLAMOROUS20. Perfect excuse to treat yourself to some new summer goodies!

• Lauren says:

Love that kimono, it looks really nice on you! X

• You look gorgeous! I really like the colour and pattern on the kimono. I think I have a thing for mint coloured clothing, it just comes across as really light and refreshing to me 🙂

The kimono looks gorgeous! Perfect for a summer boho vibe and it looks great paired with the black maxi dress 🙂 I keep reading so much about Glamorous, my wishlist is growing by the hour!

Caroline x
    Caroline's Catwalk

• Kfedland says:

I do sure love this kimono! Especially the print and colour.. Glamorous are on a roll lately1x

• Eloise says:

I love the mint against the black! And the fact that it has a pretty pattern is a complete win. I've seen way too many nice Glamourous things recently

• Anonymous says:

Really nice, lovely colour! I just placed an order on Glamorous (before i saw the discount code unfortunately! 🙁 ) – is the quality of their stuff quite good? xx

• gillian says:

Aw no, you'll just have to save the code and do another cheeky wee order soon haha! Yeah I think they're great quality, they're really comfy and seem true to size. Haven't put them through the wash yet, but so far they seem really well made! x

I love the colours, I've not seen anything like this on the high street at the moment. Good choice!

• Alyse says:

Oooooh, I love the kimono on you! It adds a nice touch of color. For summer, I might style that kimono with a simple white, bodycon dress. Something body conscious to balance out the looseness of the kimono!

• That mint kimono is gorgeous – I love the colors! I don't have any kimonos of my own right now, but after seeing yours, I may have to change that.

• Nomad says:

I don't own a kimono but they look like a great way to cover up while still staying cool. Love the colours of yours 🙂 x

• This is lovely! It really suits you…such a lovely colour.

Sophie x

• So pretty! Love mint green, it's such a lovely colour, and I love how you've paired it with black and let it really do the talking in the outfit.
    xox

• Lauren says:

Oh hello you absolute babe! FIT. XO

• Emsipop says:

Love this, such a ncie touch to a plain maxi! Very summery =)
    xx emsipop.blogspot.co.uk

• launa says:

Lovely colours !
    Great way to mix an outfit up 🙂