Outfit: Another Black Dress

glitter4
glitter1
Dress: Topshop
Ring: Primark
Belt: New Look
Shoes: Ebay

If there’s one thing I don’t need any more of, it’s black dresses. And if there’s one thing I keep buying, it’s black dresses. But this one also has glitter on it, so I feel like it’s allowed! I’ve seen this dress in quite a few outfit posts/wishlists and I’m not surprised as it’s so pretty and really flattering in real life (sorry about the rubbish photos, hate having to take them here rather than my usual spot!). Despite having lots of different clothes in my wardrobe, I always seem to reach for a nice black dress for a night out. It’s a bit boring always dressing the same though, really need to wear something bright for a change!

I bought these shoes from Ebay a couple of months ago as I wanted purple heels to wear for a ball and I couldn’t find any on the high street. When they arrived I loved them instantly but I didn’t realise the heel was going to be so big. I’m used to wearing heels for nights out, but even for me these are a little bit too high! Surprisingly they’re not actually that painful for general wearing/dancing but they are a total nightmare to walk in. I prefer heels with straps/zips/shoe boots as they’re much easier to walk in because your feet don’t slip out. My faithful old pair are looking a little sad so I really need a new pair, got my eye on these ones just now.

Do you wear heels a lot or tend to stick to flats? What’s your go-to outfit for a night out?

• Lauren-Ella says:

I think we should both go out wearing this dress. x

• carmen xo says:

LOVE the shoes! the dress is so pretty too.

handbagfullofdreams.blogspot.com

• Your outfit is amazing! The dress is perfect!

• Chelseyxlou says:

Them shoes are to die for! Such an amazing colour and so are the new look ones your after, especially for £12! I love a good chunky heel for a night out!

xoxo

• Lowri says:

I bought this dress a couple of weeks ago for Christmas party, and literally only bought it coz I had nothing to wear and was desperate, liked it but wasn't overly keen.. but when it arrived I absolutely LOVED it, it's soooo flattering and shiny and perfect! It looks amazing on you 🙂

The Deer Head

x

• I wanted this dress just before Christmas but couldn't find my size in the local topshop (or online) 🙁 I was too slow! It is a really lovely dress, very flattering fit and length x

• GEMBEAR says:

highly agree those heels are beastly! but pretty. i can imagine they're hard to walk in. when i see mrs beckham walking around in HUGE heels, i just don't get how she's able to do it. then i remember, she has her own limo take her everywhere.

i've seen that dress loads and i love it x

• Yasmin; says:

that dress is gorgeous! I really want one similar!! x

• Josie says:

Gorgeous dress! Buying loads of LBD's is quite guilt free since they're so timeless. And the shoes are such a lovely colour, shame the heels are hard to walk in. I'm forever in awe at people who can deal with stilettos. xx

• I almost always wear flats but I love the way heels look, I love the way they elongate the leg, and I love how heels make an outfit pop BUT I can't walk in heels to save my life. My go to outfit for going out is a black dress and funny enough my favorite dress is a black sparkly dress. You can't go wrong with a sparkly black dress! You look gorgeous btw and these are really pretty heels, I love the color. I like the heels you have your eye on too, they are lovely and that heel – wowzas.

<3Honeysuckelle

• Kirsten says:

Pretty shoes! I wore heels today for a job interview, they weren't even very high but holy crap my feet hurt when I came home. Usually I stick to wearing my oxfords because they're awesome, I'm not a massive fan of ballet flats.

• Creepy comment but you have THE most gorge legs!

• i haven't worn flats for years but i agree that for a night out strappy heels are definitely needed, i'd be coming home barefoot otherwise! i do love this dress btw 🙂 x

• Selin says:

Along with every other girl, I also have this dress! It looks super flattering on you 🙂

I have a thing against strappy shoes on me – my legs are quite short compared to my body and strappy heels make them look even stumpier than they already are! It's usually very high court heels (and LOTS of falling over!) for me, but I've recently invested in some platform shoe boots. I thought I'd be able to walk better in seeing as my feet are strapped in with lots of laces, but have fallen over at least once every time I've worn them. It's always barefoot walks home for me!

• AmyBell says:

I got a similar dress to this off of Ebay and the glitter literally went EVERYWHERE. Still love it though! Those shoes are a gorgeous colour xx

• Harriet says:

That dress is beautiful, I don't believe there is such a thing as too many black dresses!

I have been sticking to my flats lately as they are so comfy, but I miss the height and how good heels look so I'm definitely trying to get back into wearing them.

• Lidiya says:

Your black dress is so chic and pretty, I adore it <3

Very sweet!

• Charlene says:

I love a heel me!! Gorgeous dress! x

• Ooh, this dress is so beautiful! Your shoes are gorgeous too. I know what you mean though, I find it so difficult to walk in heels unless there's some means of keeping my foot *in* the shoe! Good luck with them anyway 🙂 ♥

Sarah ^.^

• daisychain says:

Another fan of this dress here! Also love your shoes xo

• Emily. says:

i love that dress! i was eyeing it up for so long before christmas but never got round to buying it.

-Emily.

• Those shoes are beautiful! I find it so hard to walk in high heels…thank goodness for fold up ballet pumps! x

• Those shoes are gorgeous! Perfect with that sparkly lbd. 🙂

• Misseblog says:

Gorgeous outfit, just found your blog and I love it 🙂 very cute xx

• sweet monday says:

I almost bought this dress for Christmas, regretting that I didn't now 🙁

Lovely blog! Now following 🙂 xx

sweet monday

• Shara says:

woow great dress!!kisses from germany
    La Folie

• This outfit is so cute! It so flattering on you! I'm really upset I missed out on the dress 🙁 The heels are lovely too, are they good quality because I've been looking at some wedges but not sure whether they will break easily or not :/
    I adore wearing heels on a night out and I'm a fan of big heels because I'm quite short I can get away with it! Black dresses or black bodycon skirt are definitely go-to outfits for a night out, they so easy to play around with. Great post, I like seeing what other people wear out on a night out let alone during the day! xo

• Lydia says:

it looks lovely on you! pretty. x

fashioninflux.blogspot.com