November Beauty & 7 Things About Me

favourites1

There are lots of new beauty products I’ve been wanting to try out lately (Collection 2000 Cream Puff is top of the list) but sadly I haven’t had time to go shopping lately. Here are the products I’ve been loving lots and using the most over the past month or so.

Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet Mascara
When I first received this is my GlossyBox a couple of months ago I really wasn’t a fan – it was thick and clumpy and gave me horrible spider lashes. But the more I use it, the more I love this product. It’s super black and makes your lashes fuller and longer. However, it does go clumpy really easily so I like to apply a coat of this then comb it through with the wand from another almost empty mascara (I like to use this one because the spiky bits are really small). It gives you really big big lashes, perfect!

Models Own Lip & Cheek Tint in Rouge Blush
I’m really lazy with day time (and also night time, let’s not lie) makeup and hardly ever bother with lipstick or lipgloss. I always just dab a wee bit of this on instead and put some chapstick on top. It gives a really natural pink colour to your lips without looking too done up – although adding a couple of extra coats makes it much brighter and great for wearing on a night out. It also lasts forever; I must have had this bottle about 2 years and it hardly looks like it’s been touched!

MAC Lipstick in Russian Red
Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had never used any MAC products. When I finally got round to placing an order, this was top of my list – you can never go wrong with a classic red lipstick. I can see what all the fuss is about now. As much as I love cheap brands like Barry M, MAC is definitely superior in terms of finish, staying power and pigmentation. I will definitely be adding more to my collection!

The lovely Natasha from Silhouette Skies recently tagged me in the ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ blog award so I though I would let you all know seven extremely exciting facts about myself.

1. My top 5 favourite animals of all time are (in no particular order) bats, frogs, wolves, otters and meerkats.
2. I hate tea and coffee, they both give me the absolute boak. I could just about force down a cup of tea if I had to, but I wouldn’t drink coffee even if you paid me.
3. I love all things occult and spooky. My friend bought me a deck of tarot cards for my birthday and I’m currently trying to teach myself how to read them. I don’t really believe in the supernatural, but I find it fascinating anyway.
4. My favourite book is The Great Gatsby. I was gutted when my English class didn’t get to read it in high school and the other class did. Other favourite books include High Fidelity, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Dracula, and If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things.
5. I’m currently halfway through my fourth year of my history degree at the University of Edinburgh. Not a clue what I want to do when I graduate!
6. Since I was about 15, I’ve cut my own hair. With the exception of getting an ever-fashionable ‘pob’ done before the 6th year school prom, and a trim 2 months ago (which cost me £25 and looked the exact same as it did before – sticking to doing it myself, ta v. much!)
7. I love fancy dress. In the past year I have dressed up as: Elvis, Maverick from Top Gun, a black cat, a leopard, a waitress from True Blood, David Bowie, and 80s Katy Perry from the TGIF video.

I tag anyone who wants to do this – followers, consider yourselves all tagged!

Have you tried any of these beauty products? What makeup have you been loving this month?

• Elise says:

The lipstick looks beautiful. I spent ages at the Mac counter last week trying to choose a shade but there were too many and I left empty handed! haha
    I love Fear & Loathing too 🙂 x

• T.Rose says:

your seven facts were really interesting to read 🙂
    i am still yet to buy a mac lipstick, but am really keen to!
    Yours was such a great color choice.

• Eloise says:

The lipstick shade is gorgeous, I bet you can pull of a bright red lip really well!
    Sadly being pale and mousey blonde I tend to stick with pinks – have you tried lovelorn? It's a really nice blue/pink shade

That lipstick is a lovely shade! I must try the Models Own lip & cheek tint, I'm running low on bentint/posietint which I got as sample size freebies with glamour magazine a while ago! x

• Helen says:

I really want to try russian red lipstick, everyone raves about it.

• I love otters too they are so cute! Since last year that I've been cutting my own hair too, and I don't regret it a bit.
    That Mac lipstick is beautiful 🙂 x

• i love lip tints, i'll have to try his models own one now 🙂 i also love fancy dress and The Great Gatsby! x

I'm loving my Liz Earl hot cloth cleanser and my mac cremesheen the moment. I bought Russian red but I think I need a primer to out on before it, it gets quite dry x

• Bonnie says:

I love all of the red! Red = Power
    Is it any wonder that this is my favorite color? 🙂

Twitter: @GlamKitten88

• The red Mac shade is absolutely lovely, I wish more than anything I could pull it off!
    x

• I actually love this mascara (also from GlossyBox) since I got it and I am surprised you get clumps using it – mine is flawless. Very jealous of your Russian Red – I am dying to buy it for ages but something always comes up and I never get chance to actually do it. 😉

Love your 7 facts – I am such sucker for these things. MEERKAT! X

mademoiselle-lala.com

• I loooovw Mac lippy! Cant beat it 😀

Satin&Souffles xx

• Vivian says:

the lipstick colour is so pretty, always wanted to get a red from mac 🙂

• Molly ♥ says:

Gorgeous lipstick, I can't wait for the new Great Gatsby movie, Leonardo Dicaprio and Carey Mulligan are going to be in it 🙂

• Sarah says:

I love models own stuff, I might have to try the tint stuff! I am with you on the hairdressers. I used to pay an extortionate amount of money and they wouldn't make my hair much different (bar straightening it) because apparently it's quite thick? I do it myself now!

Sarah
    xo

• I'm obsessed with lip tints so I might have to try this one! I cut my own hair too, it's hassel free. x hivenn

• Hannah says:

i really like russian red but im not very good at applying matt lipstick. love that lip and cheek stain too

Bow Dream Nation xx

• Jess says:

What a lovely post. I recently went on a hunt for some matte red lipstick & found the perfect one from Revlon & their lipstains are pretty great too. I never get round to seeking mac out & going through the products! Great blog, followed.

• Lauren-Ella says:

Ooooh that lippy is lush!

• Love your blog! And I love "If nobody speaks of remarkable things"! I always get excited when I find out other people have read it! 🙂