There are lots of new beauty products I’ve been wanting to try out lately (Collection 2000 Cream Puff is top of the list) but sadly I haven’t had time to go shopping lately. Here are the products I’ve been loving lots and using the most over the past month or so.
Daniel Sandler Jumbo Jet Mascara
When I first received this is my GlossyBox a couple of months ago I really wasn’t a fan – it was thick and clumpy and gave me horrible spider lashes. But the more I use it, the more I love this product. It’s super black and makes your lashes fuller and longer. However, it does go clumpy really easily so I like to apply a coat of this then comb it through with the wand from another almost empty mascara (I like to use this one because the spiky bits are really small). It gives you really big big lashes, perfect!
Models Own Lip & Cheek Tint in Rouge Blush
I’m really lazy with day time (and also night time, let’s not lie) makeup and hardly ever bother with lipstick or lipgloss. I always just dab a wee bit of this on instead and put some chapstick on top. It gives a really natural pink colour to your lips without looking too done up – although adding a couple of extra coats makes it much brighter and great for wearing on a night out. It also lasts forever; I must have had this bottle about 2 years and it hardly looks like it’s been touched!
MAC Lipstick in Russian Red
Up until a couple of weeks ago, I had never used any MAC products. When I finally got round to placing an order, this was top of my list – you can never go wrong with a classic red lipstick. I can see what all the fuss is about now. As much as I love cheap brands like Barry M, MAC is definitely superior in terms of finish, staying power and pigmentation. I will definitely be adding more to my collection!
The lovely Natasha from Silhouette Skies recently tagged me in the ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ blog award so I though I would let you all know seven extremely exciting facts about myself.
1. My top 5 favourite animals of all time are (in no particular order) bats, frogs, wolves, otters and meerkats.
2. I hate tea and coffee, they both give me the absolute boak. I could just about force down a cup of tea if I had to, but I wouldn’t drink coffee even if you paid me.
3. I love all things occult and spooky. My friend bought me a deck of tarot cards for my birthday and I’m currently trying to teach myself how to read them. I don’t really believe in the supernatural, but I find it fascinating anyway.
4. My favourite book is The Great Gatsby. I was gutted when my English class didn’t get to read it in high school and the other class did. Other favourite books include High Fidelity, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Dracula, and If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things.
5. I’m currently halfway through my fourth year of my history degree at the University of Edinburgh. Not a clue what I want to do when I graduate!
6. Since I was about 15, I’ve cut my own hair. With the exception of getting an ever-fashionable ‘pob’ done before the 6th year school prom, and a trim 2 months ago (which cost me £25 and looked the exact same as it did before – sticking to doing it myself, ta v. much!)
7. I love fancy dress. In the past year I have dressed up as: Elvis, Maverick from Top Gun, a black cat, a leopard, a waitress from True Blood, David Bowie, and 80s Katy Perry from the TGIF video.
I tag anyone who wants to do this – followers, consider yourselves all tagged!
Have you tried any of these beauty products? What makeup have you been loving this month?