Hello New Shoes, Bye Bye Blues

Love this song. 🙂

Well, technically these aren’t new shoes as I bought them some time in July but I have only worn them once and they haven’t made an appearance on the blog yet! I put myself on a self-imposed shopping ban for August and so far I haven’t bought anything. This means I’ll have plenty of pennies to buy myself some new things for my autumn/winter wardrobe.

wedges 3

I’m not usually a fan of wedges or big clunky shoes, but I fell in love with these ones from New Look. I’m loving the autumn fashions this year – lots of gothic lace, crushed velvet, rich burgandy colours – and these shoes will look perfect with some of the things I’m planning to buy!

wedges 1

As these are wedges, they’re pretty comfortable so would be perfect for a night of dancing. However, so far I’ve only worn them out to dinner as I’m scared I’ll ruin them on a night out. They’re suede so will mark easily and I will either a) step in a huge puddle on the way out, b) spill sticky drinks all over them, c) scuff them on the pavement on the walk home, or d) all of the above! I would love to save up for a pair of designer shoes but I’m so bad at destroying shoes, I think it’s safer just to shop in Primark and New Look for the moment!

wedges 2

I’m so excited to go shopping next week! Hopefully I’ll manage to find lots of lovely things and have time for a few more outfit posts before university starts again in mid-September.

• Gemma says:

they're lush!
    i'm gonna have to go and have a look at these myself
    x

• I'm like you, I never really liked wedges or chunky shoes much, problem is, they're the comfy ones. I'm thinking of caving in myself so I have comfy shoes to wear out.

• Alyse says:

Every time I see on of your posts, I just want to run out and buy more things! Those shoes are adorable and perfect for fall.

• wow, good job on refraining from shopping! any tips on how to do that?!
    and the shoes are gorgeous, personally i'm a huge fan of wedges and chunky heels 🙂

• Kate says:

Oh Gllian, those wedges are to die for! I'm looking out for black shoe inspiration as I was hunting for a suitable pair of shoes to wear to dance in last night & discovered I had NO black heels. CRIME.

Haha, my word verification word on here today is "mingfly". AWESOME. New phrase?

• Those shoes are fab! Get yourself some suede protection spray, then you won't have to worry about getting the wet or stained!

• Catita says:

those wedges are so adorable!
    great pick

• Zoë says:

wow! very elegant! suede shoes are so difficult to keep clean though, i agree, esp. on nights out! so its better to get them in black.

• Barbara says:

that shoes look great!!

• Georgie says:

Love the wedges! I really need to get some.

• Ashleigh. says:

lovely blog!
    in need of followers 🙂

• Temi says:

Completely & totally lusting after those wedges! Lovely blog!!

diaryofashortgirl.blogspot.com