Style Inspiration: Kate Winslet in Revolutionary Road

Set in 1950s America, the film Revolutionary Road contains many of my favourite things. While the film focuses on the “disturbia” aspect of the new suburban way of life (oh the joys of being a history student!), I am in love with the idea of being a ’50s housewife. The whole film is very aesthetically pleasing, but my favourite part is the costumes. Kate Winslet’s character, in particular, has some amazing 1950s style outfits.

I love the mixture of tight fitting, structured dresses and big skirts with petticoats. Even the more casual looks are gorgeous, such as the beach outfit with the high-waisted shorts and rolled up sleeves. I mean look at those sunglasses, they’re amazing!

Who is your style inspiration at the moment?

• Liv says:

wow, the outfits are lovelyy !
    I haven't seen the film, might have to now, to see some of that aesthetically pleasing goodness 🙂
    my fashion inspiration at the moment ?
    Audrey Hepburn. Always has been, always will be.
    I just love her effortless style, and how she knows not to over do it . xx

• eliza says:

i haven't seen this yet but kate looks amazing! do you watch mad men? its set in the early sixties & the outfits are just as amazing!

i couldn't pinpoint one style icon but i love marianne faithfull, pattie boyd & alexa chung right now (& always!) 🙂

• Georgie says:

I haven't seen this film but I love 50s + 60s style! My style icon is probably Gaga for wearing-what-you-want wise but for what I'm actually going to wear other people's street style is very inspiring.

• Lane :) says:

i adore kate winslet! she looks so stunning. 😀

• Lindsey says:

I've never seen that movie, but I'm thinking I should now! I love 50's silhouettes as well, they are just so classy!

• Ooh I havent seen it because I've heard it is very sad but now I want to! The clothes look beautiful and I adore Winslet!

• Helen says:

i love films that are so aesthetically pleasing. like mad men. i could watch that all day long because it's so pretty!

• gillian says:

Eliza: I haven't watched Mad Men before, but I've seen lots of promotional pictures etc and the outfits do look amazing. I will have to get round to actually watching it this summer!

Georgia: I totally agree, seeing other people's outfits is the best kind of inspiration as they're wearing things that you can actually wear yourself!

Eleanor: it is quite sad, but it's such a good film, I would definitely reccommend it for when you're in the mood for that sort of film. The book is amazing too, but with less pictures haha!

• Dani Banani says:

i have to say that my style inspiration is sienna miller!!I just love her style, she look amazing, everytime you see her in a magazine or a premiere, or Red Carpet!!!

lovlely blog!!keep up the good work!
    kisses

• Emma Jade says:

I've never seen this film but i do love Kate Winslet and after seeing these pics it definitely looks like its worth a watch!

• I haven't seen that movie but her outfits are so pretty! xo

• Raquel says:

the 50's are just an amazing era right? I love the movie and love kate's look in the second picture!
    x

• I also loved this movie's costumes! She looked fabulous.