Makeup I Couldn’t Live Without

It’s true. I’m one of those people who cannot even go to the corner shop without at least some form of makeup on. I just feel naked without it! If, for any reason, someone was to take away the following three products from me it’s quite likely I would cry.

makeup1

1. Lily Lolo Mineral Foundation (shade Blondie)
My skin is generally in quite good condition, but because I’m naturally really pale my skin can often look blotchy and red so I always like to start with a good base of foundation. What I love about Lily Lolo is the fact that it’s a mineral powder so you can buff it into your skin and build up a few thin layers to get the coverage exactly where you need it. It’s so easy to touch up during the day as well (although I find it lasts for ages, especially if you also use a finishing powder on top) by just buffing in a wee bit more. You only need to use a little bit of powder to get good coverage, so it lasts for ages too, which is great!

2. Rimmel Glam Eyes Liquid Liner
If you asked any of my friends to name one makeup ‘look’ they associated with me, I’m fairly certain they would all say black cat-eye liner. I do my eyes like this about 90% of the time, on its own in the day time and with some pretty eyeshadow for night time. The Rimmel liquid liner is great because it doesn’t have one of those felt-tip nibs but rather an actual little brush, which I find much easier to control. It’s a really dark black colour, a great consistency for easy application and it doesn’t smudge off if you’re wearing it for a long time. Many women would probably say mascara would be more important than eyeliner, but I would much rather give up long lashes if I could keep my liquid liner!

3. Vaseline Rosy Lips
I very rarely wear lipstick during the day, but sometimes I want just a little pop of colour to make my lips stand out. Vaseline Rosy Lips is perfect for this as it is slightly tinted to give your lips a lovely reddish-pink glow. Although in the tin it looks really bright, it’s very subtle and natural looking when you apply it. Plus it moisturises and keeps your lips feeling nice and soft, which is always a good thing!

014

What are your top three beauty products? Are there any products you simply could not live without, or do you prefer to go makeup-free when you can?

• JewlieMcK says:

I have major love for rosy lips! Have you tried the sleek pout polishes? They are kinda like rosy lips but have a wee bit more colour!

• libys11 says:

wow!! you look great!! i love the eyeliner on you coz they're not overpowering.. some people wear it too much!

my top 3 would be
    1. carmex
    2. maybelline mascara
    3. elf concealer (or any form of concealer)

Animated Confessions

• Becky says:

Oh you're so gorgeous! I'm definitely going to have to check out the liquid liner you use.

• Becky says:

PS if you haven't already, you should do a video tutorial of your eyeliner haha because pretty sure everyone would like to bite this style 😉 [okay, *I* would haha]

• Emma Jade says:

im also one that wont leave the house without make up on. I dont even like answering the door to the postman without a full face!
    I'm not really a light make-up girl either, I like full make up all the time!

• Great make up and application of it!
    I can't go anywhere without a bit of make up either! Whenever I don't wear anything my parents tell me I look ill hahaha

Big fan of the eyeliner too, my absolute neccessity is a full coverage foundation- I have blotches/uneven tone and feel most comfortable with it all hidden

• Eli says:

ooh that vaseline salve looks like something Id really like, but I dont think they sell that in the US?

• A. & G. says:

You have the most beautiful blog. I'm following!

• Sarah says:

Hmmm, mascara, blusher & lip balm of some sort if I'm only allowed three bits then! I love Rosy Lips but I can never find it anywhere 🙁 My old tin is beyond battered now! It's got a much nicer texture than normal vaseline 🙂

• Raquel says:

I almost never wear make up, but when I want to look a little more special or girly, red lipstick and mascara are essentials 🙂

• Lane :) says:

i love your eye makeup in that picture! its so pretty. 😀

• Rinny says:

That's a beautiful picture!

• dignifiable says:

I love the cat eye look

Hmm my 3 top items would be:

– Eyeliner
    – Foundation
    – Mascara/lip balm

Don't really have specific brands I love, just those are the general makeup items I "need".

• You are so pretty. I love rosy lips too. xo

• Georgie says:

I love the pink vaseline I have it too! Personally I prefer felt tip liquid eyeliners because I'm crap at putting the little brush ones on but I've never found a felt tip one which gives a really black line.

• Carina says:

Ahh i love lily lolo too, I also always use max factor lasting performance in fair – most other liquid foundations from boots look all orange and cakey.

Love your blog 🙂

• Helen says:

I love vaseline rosy lips too! At the moment I currently can't live without my clinique anti blemish foundation, it is SO good! I have had NO breakouts since using it *fingers crossed*. All that I wear everyday is my foundation, bourjouis blusher & clinique lipstick.

• Winnie says:

I love liquid liner too and rarely wear mascara these days! Your make up is really pretty!

• gillian says:

Thank you everyone!

Jewlie: I haven't tried the sleek pout polishes before. I'm planning a Boots binge next week, so I will definitely check them out, thanks for the recommendation!

Becky: aw thank you, I haven't done a tutorial but will definitely think about making one soon!

Pierrot le Fou: haha my parents tell me I look ill without makeup too, cheeky beggars!