4 slices Brioche Pasquier Sliced Brioche Loaf
4 rashers of bacon
Maple syrup to serve
1. Switch on your grill (or use a frying pan) and begin cooking your bacon whilst you prepare the French toast.
2. Add a little bit of butter to a frying pan and melt over a medium heat.
3. In a shallow dish, whisk together the eggs and milk with a fork.
4. Dip each brioche slice in the egg mixture, coating well on both sides. Allow the egg to soak into the bread.
5. Add each slice to the frying pan (depending on the size of your pan, it's probably easiest to do two slices at a time) and cook for a couple of minutes on each side, or until golden brown and a little bit crispy on the outside.
5. Serve the French toast topped with the crispy bacon and a generous helping of maple syrup.
The brioche is great in this recipe as it adds a little bit of sweetness to the French toast and it soaks up the eggy-ness really well. Any excuse for bacon and maple syrup is good enough for me, but this would also be great served with bananas and golden syrup or some fresh berries if you prefer.
Don't forget to check out what else is in this month's Degustabox here!