75g light brown sugar
45g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
95g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
125g Jordan's Simply Granola*
100g chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Add the butter, brown sugar and caster sugar to a large bowl and beat with a handheld mixer.
3. Add the egg and vanilla extract, then beat until light and fluffy.
4. Mix in the flour, salt and baking powder, then add in the granola and chocolate chips. Mix well to evenly distribute the granola and chocolate chips throughout the cookie dough.
5. Add spoonfuls of mixture to a baking tray, leaving plenty of space between each spoonful as the cookies will spread out whilst cooking. I did the cookies in two batches of six (three cookies per tray) to make sure there was enough room for them all.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown but still slightly chewy in the middle.
7. Leave to cool on the trays for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
These cookies are really quick and easy to make, you can't really go wrong. Not only do they taste great, but they'll also make your kitchen smell amazing too! As well as the Jordan's Simply Granola, there were lots of other treats in the September Degustabox including Crabbie's Ginger Beer, Little Miracles juice and my new favourite Burts Lentil Waves. If you like trying new things and getting food and drink surprises through the post every month, it's definitely worth signing up for a Degustabox.